viernes, 31 de diciembre de 2010

My year in tweets…

My year in tweets...

Here I share my year as dad of “el fulanito” (now 1yo) via tweets...In other words, you’ll find the English versions (I started translating them since September 2010) of the tweets that seemed most significant (two per month) since I started sharing my experiences with my kid on Twitter (@papadelfulanito) in April 2010...

April 6
el fulanito is a six months old boy who twits, but doesn’t type, so meanwhile here is his Pa typing for him...

April 9
first Facebook post as "El fulanito’s dad': “Dad has indicated that Fulanito is his child."...

May 21
fulanito’s playful exercises make him (and me) lucid; his experiences are gleaming: they give me light, showing me what’s truly important...

May 28
el fulanito liked to be undressed by the pediatrician's female assistant to the rhythm of the Pink Panther theme...
[cont.] and he made his displeasure be known when his pediatrician spoiled the moment...

June 18
el fulanito has a coughing giggle, his version of throat clearing, to make himself present and demand attention...

June 29
before I looked for 2 X 1 promotions in drinks, now I look for 2 X 1 in diapers...

July 8
should’ve expected it: I lent a cheek to el fulanito as a pacifier, and he left me a hickey: a round bruise under the eye...

July 20
el fulanito was randomly designed, and the I find the result worthy of singular appreciation...

August 9
el fulanito’s mom says to him: "Don’t go there”, kid replies [something that sounded like] "effinboiche!"...ah, dirty kid! hahaha!

August 24
el fulanito rolls his eyes backwards, putting them in blank & blinks: his version of "making eyes" seems a tribute to LindaBlair in Exorcist

September 28
our boy put out his candle on the first try; the proudest was his Mom, w/whom he rehearsed the trick for over a month…

September 29
we don’t know how, but our boy wakes up with us; neither his Mom or me remember bringing him into our bed...

October 12
yesterday my little one learned to sip through a straw, applauded himself for the achievement and urged the audience to clap with enthusiasm…

October 15
my little boy says "mamamamama" in Gollum's voice; I say he does it cause it's like saying to her "my precious"…

November 1st
instead of asking for sweets, my little one distributed them; funny how people are surprised that a little boy gives them away…

November 16
yesterday my 1yo saw me, offered me something and said "dad"; he, unaware of the shift in my heart, continued with his games...

December 13
I love that my 1yo is prone to share, that all noises move him to dance and that w/o reason he starts laughing while patting his knees...

December 21
yesterday my 1yo stood up on his feet for the 1st time, when he raised his arms celebrating, he fell back to the ground...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario